Sunday, July 29, 2012

Grrr, Hate Hate Hate

I like to follow the news and stuff.  Sometimes it takes a great deal of effort, though, not to get very frustrated with people I don't agree with.

Today, though, I noticed that I've begun just hating everyone... not just those I think are wrong, but anyone involved at all in any debate.  Why?  I don't know.  I kind of hate humanity for sucking so bad at coming to consensus or figuring out what is actually going on.  For fighting so much over so many things.

So go ahead, world.  Start stupid wars.  Hate people who never did you any wrong.  Let politics decide your opinions instead of evidence.  Slaughter innocents in the name of your religious 'message of peace.'  Debate and argue and insult and blame and curse and fight and condemn and deny.
The more moral we think we are, the more aggressive the violence we direct at others.
I can try to ignore it all, but that won't make it go away... given the chance to destroy the world, to completely obliterate the species, I'd do it just to SHUT YOU UP.

Anyway, I think moving from general disdain for certain opinions to complete hatred of the entire human race is a big step in my movement toward becoming a super-villain.  It's nice to be able to share these milestones with the world via my blog.

3 comments:

  1. "[John] von Neumann gave me an interesting idea: that you don't have to be responsible for the world that you're in. So I have developed a very powerful sense of social irresponsibility as a result of von Neumann's advice. It's made me a very happy man ever since. But it was von Neumann who put the seed in that grew into my active irresponsibility!" - Richard Feynman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you ought to check out fellow misanthropist William Gaddis's novels The Recognitions, JR, and Carpenter's Gothic, especially.

    ReplyDelete